This is how we are small and lonely… People, STOP THAT MADNESS. (And let’s embrace our home planet instead 🌍)
This is my first render which I played a lot with composition, to level my art up to more epic and atmospheric style.
- The Laniakea Supercluster is done with multiple particles, by following these steps:
- Make the main shape with Skin Modifier or Geometry Nodes.
- Generate the guidelines with particle hair.
- Convert the hair to meshes.
- Generate particles on the hair mesh.
- The Milky Way is done with particles, and a turbulence force as well, to make the hair a bit more look attracted to a specific point.
- For the Sun, I generated flares with a volume shader by following Samuel Krug’s Solar Flares tutorial.
- Composition is done with Blender’s compositor, Davinci Resolve, After Effects and Premiere Pro. (Premiere Composer made it easy.)
- Planet textures are from https://www.solarsystemscope.com/textures/.
- Overall, Iago Mota’s Particle workflow tutorial helped me a lot.
I originally tried to make The Laniakea Supercluster with Geometry Nodes. But, I found that particle system is still better for this kind of thing, because the shape is more manually controllable with it.