This is my first anime-style clip made with Blender 2.8 and Eevee render. Of course, only very basic techniques are used in this video, but here I share a small technical talk and wireframes.
Stills And Technical Talk
Modelled, rigged, animated, rendered with Blender 2.8. Textures are made with Substance Painter (It saves tons of time, really!).
Technically, as I wrote earlier, only very basic techniques are used in this stuff.
- To make Outlines: Solidify modifier
- Before add this, prepare a material for outlines.
- Tip “Flip Normals” option.
- Modify “Material Index Offset” to 1 or above. It depends on how many materials are assigned to each object.
- To pop out the sweets: Rigid Body
- Set type “active” to the sweets. Then, I’d like to say, make “passive” to the suitcase… No, don’t. When I tried, somehow its animation didn’t work even when I turned “animated” option on. So, I duplicated the suitcase and added “passive”, then hid this object. It worked nicely.
- Add keyframes “0.000” and “1.000” on Rigid Body World section in “Scene Properties” panel to pop out them on the right time.